Saturday, December 15, 2007

Last Blog!

This is our last blog post! I have to say, I am sad but at the same time relived. I loved reading and learning about all these social networking sites and technologies that before I was completely unaware of. Before this class I thought of myself as a fairly technological person, I dominated the use of computers, digital cameras, google, office and facebook.
When I got to hear and learn about all these online technologies I realized I was wrong. There is a whole online world that I have been missing and as it turns out it can be very helpful not only in my personal life but also my professional one.
Only by reading and doing my blogs I have not only expanded my knowledge on tools that are going to be very helpful for the rest of my life but I have also changed my mind about certain things. Before coming to this class I was against using online tools unless they were necessary, it is only now I realize that you can ignore them but the more you use them the more your life and tasks will become easier.
I still believe on face to face interaction, I believe that it gives people a certain satisfaction that cannot be achieved online. It scares me to think how lonely our world can become when we depend solely on computers, but if I think about it that’s where our world is headed and if we don’t move with it, we’ll be stuck in a world that very few people stayed in. We have to use the Internet and make the best out of it. There are many good things one can do with it and we should take advantage of it.
I am sad because I won’t get to learn all these interesting things anymore. I don’t have access to them, I don’t know how to look for them. I have learned about blogging prior to the class but I never imagined myself as a blogger. Now, I have a accomplished something new, I became part of the blogosphere and it makes me happy that it is one more thing I’ve done.
However, I am relieved because writing has never been my strength. Every Sunday I had to struggle on how to write and try to make it sound interesting. Writing a formal paper is hard enough, writing something less formal is even harder. But, I made it through I survived and I am glad. I am happy I don’t have to struggle any more but also happy because I had to work on something that wasn’t my strength and even if I don’t master it now I still improved.

No comments: